Windows Security is a powerful tool for protecting your computer from malicious software and other threats. While it can be incredibly helpful, there may be times when you need to disable Windows Security temporarily in order to install a program or make changes to your system. In this blog, we’ll discuss how to turn off Windows Security quickly and easily. Learn How to Turn Off Windows Security?
How to Turn Off Windows Security?
- Step 1: Open the Start menu and type “Windows Security” into the search bar. When the app appears in the search results, click on it to open it.
- Step 2: Once the app is open, click on the “Virus & threat protection” option located in the left-hand pane.
- Step 3: Select “Manage settings” located under Virus & threat protection settings. This will open up a window that will allow you to turn off Windows Security temporarily or permanently.
- Step 4: To turn off Windows Security temporarily, select “Turn Off Now” from the drop-down menu next to “Real-time protection.” This will disable all of Windows Security’s real-time protections for 15 minutes (or until you manually turn it back on). If you want to turn off Windows Security permanently, select “Never Turn On” instead of “Turn Off Now.” Please note that turning off Window Security permanently is not recommended unless absolutely necessary as it leaves your computer vulnerable to viruses and other threats.
- Step 5: Click “Save Changes” at the bottom of the window once you have made your selection. This will apply your changes and either enable or disable Windows Security depending on what you selected.
Disabling Windows Security can be a quick and easy process if done correctly. Just remember that disabling any security measures for an extended period of time should only be done if absolutely necessary as it leaves your computer vulnerable to malicious software and other dangers lurking online. If you follow these steps correctly, then disabling Windows Security should take no more than a few minutes!